Hi

I'm confused by the behavour of quotes... First there is the
difference in behaviour when comparing a Standard environment to the
Lyx-Code envionment. Here's how it works for me:

Environment     Key     Lyx     Xdvi
 Standard       "a"  -> ``a"    <start dbl. quote>a<end dbl. quote>
 Lyx-Code       "a"  -> ''a''   <start dbl. quote>a<start dbl.quote>

I can see the point of having a different behaviour in Lyx-Code, but
there I would really prefer this behaviour:
 Lyx-Code       "a"  -> "a"     "a"
... especially for writing code snippets.

Is it possible to have different key bindings depending on what layout you
are using? Then you could solve this by mapping '"' to different
LFUN's...

Another aspect of this is how the UI works. The setting
(Layout->Document->Language->Quote style) only affects the behaviour of
quotes that you add after changing the setting...

I was actually expecting all quotes to change when I changed this setting
since it was under the Laout->Document... AFAIK, all the other settings
affects the entire document, and not just stuff that you add.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr