Hi,

Currently, the export to ASCII converts the displayed equations into latex code and the tables into "text tables" .. However, the converted displayed equations aren't exactly very useful since it's just latex code. The smaller tables seem to come out OK but larger tables are not formatted properly (mainly due to the fact that in the original document, the size of the table has been reduced to footnotesize however this won't be reflected in the txt file). Ok, so to end my story - would it not be better if the export to ASCII just exported the text and inline math (assumption here is that inline math won't be too long/complicated) and left the displayed equations as "Equation #" and the tables as "Table #" where the # is the appropriate number? I like the way the figures are just handles to the actual figure and something similar for these other things that don't convert to text would be good.. the motivation for this - it's easier to collaborate with Word users (or users of any other non-latex editor) using simple ASCII text files if they just want to modify the text part of the document.. (if they wanted to modify the math then they better switch to latex is the rationale..)...

Also, in the short run, how would I modify the script that does this conversion to simply ignore the displayed math and tables?

Thanks,
nirmal