Hartmut Haase wrote:

> I investigated a little more, and found the following messages:
>
> convert: unable to open image

`/tmp/lyx_tmpdir5108Gvtzzb/lyx_tmpbuf0/0_windows_D_EigeneDateien_Brueckle_102_Bilder_Anke.jpg':
> Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.
> convert: missing an image filename

`eps:/tmp/lyx_tmpdir5108Gvtzzb/lyx_tmpbuf0/0_windows_D_EigeneDateien_Brueckle_102_Bilder_Anke.eps'.
> /home/haase/Software/lyx-devel/lib/scripts/convertDefault.sh ERROR
> Execution of "convert" failed.
>
> For some reason I don't understand the pictures are not copied into
> /tmp/... After doing it manually convert and the rest works fine.

Hartmut, this is becomeing a lyx-users list FAQ. For reasons unknown, the
sh.exe replaces all occurences of /tmp in the script with $TMPDIR or
somesuch, so any test of the existence of a file in the tmp directory is
bound to fail :(

Fortunately, we don't need the test. Just remove these lines from the end
of convertDefault.sh and all will 'just work'.

Angus

# It appears that convert succeeded, but we know better than to trust it
;-)
# convert is passed strings in the form "FMT:FILENAME", so use the ':' to
# delimit the two parts.
# Note that Win32 filenames have the form 'C:\my\file',
# so use everything from the first ':' to the end of the line.
FILE=`echo "$2" | cut -d ':' -f 2-`

test -f "$FILE" || {
        echo "$0 ERROR"
        echo "Unable to find file \"${FILE}\""
        exit 1
}

echo "$0 generated file \"${FILE}\" successfully."