On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:06:25PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> I forget what the grand scheme leading to IU was, but I understand that the
> hardest parts are the bits already in 1.4.x. This may, of course, be
> wishful thinking...

The unified cursor stuff was "the big" thing. Formerly we had one slice
per LyXText and the slice stack for all math. Now it's a single slice
stack everywhere which theoretically would allow to nest real text
within math again (i.e. in mboxes)

Unfortunately, LyXTEXT NEEDS a Bufferview* for creation which is
unavailable in some parts of mathed (and should be so), which basically
means that right now we can't create a 'real' mbox inset from within the
math inset factory. I.e. we can't have proper mboxes right now although
the hard part is done.

Andre'