Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

"Lars" == Lars Gullik Bjønnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars> | May I kindly ask for the result of our discussion? | I
| Lars> answered all of your questions and now I cannot see how to
| Lars> proceed.

| Lars> For 1.3. J-M is calling the shots.

| I propose to commit the QuoteName changes to 1.3.x and 1.4.0cvs, since
| they seem obvious enough.

| Lars, OK?

ok

Thank you all.

Regarding the cvs edit subcommand:

I'm using readonly checkouts with the global option
-r (readonly), resp. an entry "cvs -rq" in my $HOME/.cvsrc.
So every file of my checkouts is readonly at the beginning.
If I want to edit it I have to be explicit and cannot do this
by accident. I can use a "chmod" or even better "cvs edit".
So I added a mapping of function key F2 to $HOME/.exrc
and may turn the readonly checkout with a key press to an
writable one. Another benefit of using "cvs edit" is the
ability to tell if someone is working in parallel or has not
finished her modifications yet ("cvs editors").

IMHO the mapping of CVS::checkOut to "cvs edit" makes sense
because of the logic of LFUN_VC_CHECKOUT too:

   case LFUN_VC_CHECKOUT:
   {
      if (owner->buffer()->lyxvc.inUse()    // file is checked out already
          && owner->buffer()->isReadonly()) // file is readonly
         owner->buffer()->lyxvc.checkOut();
   }
   break;

Maybe the terminus "CHECKOUT" is a bit misnamed here.

Stephan