Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars> | I am not even sure it would work, but it is similar to the
| Lars> idea of | queueing key events for later use.
>
| Lars> Then I think a queueing solution with coalescing of events is
| Lars> nicer.
>
| Lars> Then we just need a timer that kicks in some 10-20 times a
| Lars> second to check the queue and do the real work.
>
| Did you try to look at what posteven does? It maintains a queue of
| 'delayed' events, that it will fire at the next call to
| processEvents.

I already have the events... why do I want to handle them again?

| It handles event coalescing too. This part of the qt source is quite
| easy to follow, actually. This seems a bit simpler to me that your
| timer-based approach.

How will you handle pruning of auto-repeat keyevents then?

and by coalescing I mean combining 'O' and 'h' into 'Oh' before
sending it for insertion into lyx core. fex. (not quite sure if this
will be possible...)

(actually it will, we will have to pass a list of events for the core
to handle, then no scrren update will be done untill the last one has
been handled.)

--
        Lgb