Lior Silberman wrote:
I'm pretty sure there used to be a "version" command in some of the later versions of DOS and certainly in windows. In any case can't the Installer make a system call and check which OS it's running under?

The point is that you only need one bat file, which will work on both systems, when you use a test like that. Therefore, the test has to be something which you can do in the batch-file, and as far as I can see, the test below will work just fine to allow a multi-system bat-file to handle this problem.

You are right that there is a command called "ver", but that gives different output for each system, so the test below is simpler.

Regards,
Asger

if "%~1"=="1" goto win95

echo winnt, win2000, winXP