Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> I thought about calling mergeParagraphs for all paragraphs in the cell
> somewhere. But first I'd like to understand what exactly happend in 1.3. I
> still don't understand where the paragraphs are merged there.

Me neither. I have spent some time trying to find it out, but found nothing.
What I then did was to append this to InsetText::setAutoBreakRows:

        // merge all paragraphs to one
        BufferParams const & bp = text_.buffer_owner->params();
        while (paragraphs().size() > 1)
                mergeParagraph(bp, paragraphs(), 0);

Unfortunately it resulted in some crahes that I could not yet track down.

>> A simpler fix could be to put this bug on the 1.4.1 radar. It is
>> rather obscure.
>
> I think it should be fixed for 1.4, if possible.

I agree. It is a regression, and it is IMHO not too unusual to change a
column fom fixed width to floating.

Georg