Angus> I obviously haven't updated the boost part of my LyX 1.3.x tree
Angus> for a while because I just noticed this change being applied to
Angus> my tree today. Why did you add '#include <config.h>' directly
Angus> to boost/config/user.hpp? In the 1.4 tree we have '#define
Angus> BOOST_USER_CONFIG <config.h>' in config.h itself.

Because in 1.3.x we set some BOOST variables by modifying user.hpp,
whereas this is done in src/config.h in 1.4.x. So the situation is
slightly different.

The sad part is that this allows to compile on OSX 10.3, but 1.3.7cvs
still crashes at runtime. If you know a tiny little bit about C++
streams, I'd be open to hints about why this happens.

See this thread for a backtrace.
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg83150.html