>> Another one: insert a footnote, and put an `Abstract' environment
>> in there. Look how the Abstract label is misplaced.

Martin> It is in the middle above the text... whats wrong with that?
Martin> :-)

Bad things happen when the footnote button is on the leftand there is
some text in front of the footnote.. In this case, the centering is
done by taking the full inset size in account, and if the paragraph is
short enough the label is outside of the frame...

See attachment for details.

>> And a third one: insert a footnote, type a lengthy paragraph (more
>> than one line) in there. Then put the cursor at the end and hit
>> backspace repeatedly. The position of the "foot" label changes
>> several time (why?) and eventually you get a faulty screen redraw.

Martin> Yes, I know at least the solution to that one. It's this code
Martin> in insetcollapsable.C:

Martin> Change the condition in line 142 to, e.g., ... <= 0.8 * ...

Martin> At least the jumping will stop, although you'll still see an
Martin> artefact.

Where does this 0.8 come from? It looks like a sloppy hack...