>There are few bugs I would like to bring to the attention of the developers:
>
>[math-macro behavior ==> Big regression w.r.t. 1.3.x]
>M-x; math-macro mysum 2
>\sum^{#1}_{#2}
>
>Problems:
>a) the cursor is outside the box inset (flushed left)
>
>b) type \mysum, get the #1 and #2 fields, enter something, but the sum does
>not update subscript and superscript
>
>[It does not happen  only with  sum, but with everything]
>I checked the generated latex and that how the math-macro is exported
>
>\newcommand{\mysum}[2]{\sum_{\#1}^{\#2}}
>
>I think it should be without backslashes.

Confirmed. I actually figured this must have been deliberate because it's so
obvious to
anybody testing any changes to math-macro's that it couldn't have slipped past
accidentally.
You need to type \#1 when using the arguments in the expansion.

>[Once again mathinset]
>Go in math-mode
>1) \frac
>2) \beta
>
>You would expect beta to be in the numerator instead it is out the frac inset.
>(The same happen, for example, with array, cases, >etc.)

Confirmed, however if you type
\frac<space>\beta
then you get the expected behaviour.

andrew