Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
"Martin" == Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Martin> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:21:16PM +0200, Martin Vermeer
Martin> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 02:49:13PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Actually with your first patch, if you open a document, type
Ctrl+end, > then only half of of screen is redrawn :-) > And if you
open a new document (ctrl+n), the bottom part of the area is > not
drawn.

Same with the second patch. The reason is that the grey areas that
are correctly drawn in paintText, are never exposed. I know how to
do it, it's easy... have to run now.

Martin> Here is the fix for the end-of-document problem.

Martin> What I would really like to know is if this helps when using
Martin> LyX over a slow line, i.e., does "expose" really send a
Martin> rectangle of pixels from the application to the server
Martin> display, i.e., were all the earlier painting operations to a
Martin> local canvas only?

Is this supposed to help with 1.4? We have some reports of operations
on mac being dependent on document size (and profiles of LyX
rebreaking the whole document for no reason).

I think this plus the repaint->update patch should help with 1.4, especially on mac where there seems to be painting problems also. But it is independent of document size.

Abdel.