On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, G. Milde wrote:

> Nice. (The pre-set LyX/ was a minor annoyance, too small to complain but I
> like it more this way.)

If there are other minor annoyances, please let me know... it was just a
coincidence that a friend told me about this one!

> > If you wish to restrict the search to a specific group, just write
> > '<group>/' in the search form. For a list of groups related to LyX
> > users, see http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/GroupList
>
> We need this info somewhere in the Wiki. On a prominent place but not
> in the way for users just browsing for the "real" info.

It's actually right there on the page with search results...
  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SearchWiki

Feel free to improve the text on that page... just click 'edit' as
usual :-)

> How difficult would it be to change the SearchWiki link in front of the
> Search text entry box into a drop-down list of the several Groups to
> search?
>
>    [SearchWiki \/]
>       SearchWiki
>       Search LyX/
>       Search Tips/
>       Search Layouts/
>       Search Examples/

It's probably doable, but I'm not qute sure how. See my text about the
search page... would it be enough to improve the description there?

/Christian