On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, G. Milde wrote:

> > G> ... all the lfuns should have some usage doc (telling the
> > G> expected arguments).
> >
> > docstrings are gone in 1.4.0cvs. They were actually tooltips for the
> > toolbar.
>
> Not only. They were also used by Christian to generate the lists of
> lfuns in the LyX Wiki.

Going off on a slight tangent, what if we put some cursory documentation
of the lfuns in the *source* code using wiki markup? Then I could write a
simple script that periodically extracts that markup and inserts it into
some suitable wiki pages?

It's a bit off a hack, but might be useful in this particular instance.
Especially since we'd avoid maintaining separate documentation of the
lfuns, and anything that makes it easier for the developers to document
changes to the lfun ought to be a good thing...

/Christian