On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, John Perry wrote:

> I use LyX a lot, and I recently tried to implement a new layout. I've
> found that either Lyx itself has bugs, or the manual on customization is
> terribly wrong.

Both answers could be right - even simultaneously ;-)

> Are these considered errors in the manual, or features? If they are
> errors, should I enter a bug for each one, or is this email sufficie?

In general, you should enter a bug report for each problem. Duplicates are
not (much) of a problem.

I'm afraid I couldn't help you on these specific issues, but... in case
you don't get a response in this list and you want more help (which I
suspect you do!), please try to re-post to either the developers' list or
to the users' list.

> I do like Lyx, and I hope that this email doesn't suggest that I don't
> appreciate what a great amount of effort has gone into it.

Certainly not! Reporting bugs is in a sense a way of showing that you
care, thanks!

/Christian