Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:
>
>> We have to decide what clipart/ really is. If it is just a place where
>> to stick images for the docs, then I agree that language dependent
>> directories. And it should probably be renamed to images/ or somesuch.
>
> This folder is only for graphics used in the docs and have always been.
> Renaming is not necessary as the folder contains not only images but could
> also icons etc.

If the folder is supposed to contain only images for the documentation then
the name clipart is inappropriate. Clipart implies that there are some
figures that you can use in your own documents, and this is not the case.
If we want to have such a folder we should probably use what
http://www.openclipart.org/ provides. AFAIK this is part of debian and suse
anyway.
To me it looks as if we will never have such a folder, so you should rename
all clipart folders to 'images'.

Georg