Hi Andrew,

This is the mailing list for LyX documentation, you'll get a much better response if you ask on the user's list:

        lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org

(My guess is that you don't have the right LaTeX classes installed, but I'm confident you'll get a quick answer from the user's list!)

Best regards,
/Christian