Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Well, I don't know much about bibliography handling. But if Biblatex is
> so useful, why isn't there support for this in LyX?

Because it is such a complex package, and because you can use it quite well
with the workarounds documented on the wiki (that's why I never really feel
urged to dive into it: because biblatex works sufficiently well for me with LyX
as is).

> Jürgen is our linguist and you should discuss with him what can be done
> for proper support.

Someone with much time and a good deal of knowledge on both UI and core side
is required. The biblatex user interface derives in many ways from that of
BibTeX. Many core and UI changes thus need to be made. (Julien Rioux already
provided some substantial stuff, in particular the Citation Engine modules, but
I suppose he also ran out of time).

> Jürgen, what is the status and could you please review if this text
> makes sense to be included to the user guide:

Looks good.

Jürgen