On 14.05.17 21:01, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> El 14.05.2017 a las 11:36, mn escribió:
>
>> Please have a look at French shortcuts.lyx
>
>> The default settings for that document as shipped for 2.2.3 is nearly
>> unusable when compiled; worst on a mac.
>>
>> The tables tend not to violate the margins but running clean off the
>> page altogether.
>
> I set now the page size (A4) and page margins. Attached is the result.
>
> For further things, please report the inset info bugs as such or add a
> comment to the existing inset info bug reports. Nevertheless I don't
> think that we anybody will have the time to fix these bugs before LyX
> 2.3.0. So if you can program I invite you to join our development team.
> Our problem is manpower - as for most of free software project.

As I found out via comparing the different shortcuts.lyx docs:
inset-info generates problems on its own on mac.

I reported these as my understanding developed on where they originated
for me: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10641
Should that report be somehow 'forked'?

So for now I guess that your changes to fr shortcuts.lyx improve the
situation but are not sufficient on mac.

The automatic substitutions are too long character-wise _and_ wrong for
certain shortcuts.

To be on the safe side – if the inset-info problems are not fixed – I
suppose the tables, at least the first, have to be broken up into
shorter parts, less columns?

Unfortunately I cannot directly look at the doc files from git now since
the file format is now 543 and both of my 2.3-binaries (-dev, and
alpha1-1) fail to read that file.

greetings
Mike