On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 02:28:26AM +0200, Yitzhak Zangi wrote:
> I'm currently working on the Hebrew translation of LyX, and I wonder if I
> can compare the "correctness" of my translations by alternating between
> different versions of he.po (or he.mo, for that matter).
> Can this be done,and How?

The easiest probably is to have two different lyxs at parallel.
One normal (old) installation and one development version of yours.

Other options is just to always copy he.po/gmo which you have in mind
to po/directory and run the app. But that's more cumbersome.

Another hackish solution would be to just copy the old he.po/he.gmo one as
completely different translation (let's say as fr.po/fr.gmo) one switch
between them by switching between hebrew and "french" translation...

Pavel