I just used https://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/TeXLive while installing TeXLive 2024
on MS-Windows.  I attempted to remove all previous TeXLive  installations
first, though some remnants might have survived, e.g., in the registry.

There has been some drift in the dialogues; a few points seem worth mentioning:

1. The default paper size can be set in the basic installer widget; it remains
accessible in the custom install widget.

2. The basic widget is converted to custom install from a button labelled
"Advanced" not "Custom Install".

3. "adjust searchpath" is the label for altering PATH, I think.  It was already
selected for me.

4. I didn't see any option about creating start menu entries; there was some
other button on the advanced window to get an even more advanced setup.  It
offered 3 options, with basic start menu entries already selected as the
default.

5. I changed "File Associations" from a default of "Only new" to "All".  First,
the meaning of these options is unclear.  I assumed "Only new" meant that only
new programs, not present in previous installations, would get registered.
Since my older file associations were likely still present (I saw them in the
registry, and was unable to run the uninstaller for 2023), I figured I needed
to update all of them.  Second, if my interpretation is correct, you might want
to recommend "All".  Certainly a bunch of file associations with programs that
have been removed won't do much good.

6. The current description suggests more freedom in choice of packages and
labels is available than is consistent with, e.g., being able to build the help
manuals.  It might be helpful to indicate what selections are mandatory for
that.  In short, to build the User Guide without error I had to add French and
Spanish (or at least the babel-xxx packages), enumitem, shapepar (for
"Additional Features" help), doublestroke, and nomencl.  I suspect if I
attempted to build the other manuals I'd find I needed more.

Portions of the preceding are from memory and might be a bit off, though much
is from contemporaneous notes.