I would like to write music staff in Lyx. How do i do this? Any additional package?

On 11/29/22 21:02, steve_...@optusnet.com.au wrote:

Try

Open Lyx

Help->Specific Manuals > Lilypond

Yes, Lilypond is the LaTeX way of typesetting music, and LyX provides some support for it. But my sense is that writing Lilypond code directly is not the easiest thing to do. Frescobaldi [https://frescobaldi.org/] is an open source editor designed for Lilypond, but it still involves entering code.

Another option would be to create the score (or whatever) in something like MuseScore (open source also). You can then either export that as an image, which you can include directly in LyX in the usual way, or you can export to Music XML and then convert that to Lilypond. There are command line tools that will do that, or you can important Music XML into Frescobaldi and fix up whatever needs fixing there.

Riki