Section 6.6.6 (Index Program) in the User Guide told me to look in the
document's preferences for the index-related tools installed here. I have
both xindy and makeindex installed (xindy is the default selection), and
I've no idea what options I might want to use with it (following the link in
the manual showed me the available options.)

Regardless, what do I do to have the index generated and appended to the
document after the References (Bibliography)? I don't see that in the index
section of the UG. It was in 2004 when I last generated a book index and
I've not remembered what I did then. :-)

Regards,

Rich