On 2023-02-02 07:51, Daniel wrote:
On 2023-02-01 21:18, didiergab...@free.fr wrote:
Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the preferences file... It occurred to me that the color configuration file that I use with 2.3.7 does not give satisfaction with 2.4... The names of the dynamic colors may have changed? The background, for example, does not appear in black… That's why I was asking if someone would agree to share their "dark color preferences" file from 2.4... Because it's not an easy exercise.

The dark mode colors that are currently part of LyX 2.4 are hard coded. You can see them here:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyxgit/src/Color.cpp

There you will find a comment

//  ColorCode, gui, latex, x11hexname, x11darkhexname, lyx

So, for example,

{ Color_footlabel, N_("footnote label"), "footlabel", "#00aaff", blue, "footlabel" }

means that the color "footlabel" will be set to "blue" in dark mode. So, without dark mode support, this corresponds to the following line in the Preferences file:

\set_color "footlabel" "blue" "blue"

(Setting the light mode color to the same color as the dark mode color.)

In this way you should be able use the same colors in the work area (!) that LyX uses where it supports dark mode.

Granted, it is a bit cumbersome to transfer all the colors.

It might be a good idea to add a button to the color dialog for manually switching to dark mode/light mode colors.

Hope that helps!

Daniel

I have filed an bug at https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12652. If none of the developers complains, I might even create a patch at some point.

Daniel