On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 09:01:23AM +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Is there some way of automatically translating a LyX document, say,
> from Spanish to English?

Not easy for the whole document. But if you are coder I can see that within
couple hours you might come up with a script which does something along these
lines:
1) copy paragraph which is selected in lyx into text file
2) seend it to DeepL API via curl
3) receive the response
4) paste it back into document

Special formatting, equations/ images etc will be gone in this transformation.

But having in LyX some better handling of such exchange for external services
would be useful. From time to time I am checking grammarly for evolution of
their
API interface, which would be closer to C++/Qt world so we could directly use
it...

Pavel