On 23/02/2023 18:46, Christopher Menzel wrote:

As Paul Rubin notes, compiling from source is an option and I will add that it
is super easy — the only trick is having all the necessary packages installed.
I have compiled it recently under Ubuntu 22.10 and I’d be happy to send you my
notes and answer any questions you might have.

Good Afternoon Chris,

if you don;t mind me asking, I would also like a copy of your notes etc on building Lyx from source. I too am suffering (!) from the Linux Mint "Vanessa" problem.

I have to add that I have no pressing need to update to 2.3.7, but if it's available, why not! ;-)

Many thanks.

Regards,
Norm. (Norman at dunbar-it dot co dot uk)