Kaare> Oh boy. My publisher is trying to make me crazy. He's got these
Kaare> requirements to the book:

Kaare> . I chose 2 sides in the document layout because the next
Kaare> chapter will start on a right page. But then - how do I make
Kaare> the last page completely blank if there's no text? As it is
Kaare> now, there's top- and footer text. I use the fancyhdr
Kaare> package. I don't know if that adds to the problem?

You should have a look at fancyhdr.sty. It has a pretty good
documentation and probably covers this. The suggestion of Jean-Pierre
probably works, although I would change it to

\let\oldcleardoublepage=\cleardoublepage
\newcommand{\cleardoublepage}{\clearpage\pagestyle{empty}\oldcleardoublepage}

I did not try it, so it might not work. With this version, you do not
need to add anything to your text.

Kaare> . Section headers must be left justified (raggedright). How can
Kaare> I do this (even if I have to use TeX).

I advise you to get a grip on the LaTeX comapnion. It contains good
explanations on these kind of things.

Kaare> . The same is true with text in tables. How do I left justify
Kaare> the text?  I tried to set alignment to left in the table
Kaare> layout, but nothing happens.

Go in the Table popup and set the alignement there.

JMarc