Thanks for your reply Steve!

    I managed to install the binary static version of  LyX in another
machine that has IRIX 6.2. Now it is almost working! (Thanks a lot for
creating this binary version!) The only problem is that the icons are
not being displayed. Actually, on startup I get a lot of messages like
this:
In CreateXPM [pixmap.c 303] error converting: (Invalid file)
    But it seems that Bernd ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) had the same problem
with IRIX 6.3. I'll wait to see if someone got the solution. Greetings,
Harry.