Paul> In a message dated: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:10:33 +0100 Jean-Marc
Paul> Lasgouttes said:

> [...]
Paul> Does LyX obey any X resources?
>>  I think the resources (and associated options) width, height, xpos
>> and ypos do what you want. Did you try them? They are documented in
>> the man page.

Paul> They are in fact documented, and do work.  But I think it would
Paul> be a lot better to have LyX obey standard X conventions and be
Paul> able to use the -g or -geometry.  It will confuse a lot fewer
Paul> people, especially those who have been dealing with these
Paul> conventions for a long time.

Paul> Until Paul asked the question, I never really thought about it.
Paul> But now seeing that there are 2 different options that need
Paul> setting, I wonder why the X conventions weren't followed in the
Paul> first place?  --

I guess it is because the person who implemented that did not want to
parse -geometry arguments. What's the X library which provides that,
anyway?

JMarc