On 17-Feb-99 Mitchell Maltenfort wrote:
> Apologies if this is FAQ but I reviewed the archive and didn't see much
> helpful.
>
> I just installed Lyx1.0.0 and I rather like it.  However, as an experiment, I
> tried to save the User's Guide in various formats and the only thing that
> worked satisfactoriily was using 'tth' to convert it to HTML.
>
> I managed after some tinkering to get the sgmltools working but the User's
> Guide was full of odd characters in the rtf format.
>
> While I was able to get a *.dvi conversion going, latex itself coughed on the
> .tex exported document.
>
> Has anyone had similar experience like this?
>
> Can anyone suggest some relatively convenient ways to convert a *.lyx
> document to a format I can send to a MS Word user (my boss?).

Ween the boss off M$ Word. (S)He'll thank you in the end.

If that should prove difficult you can always export the file as LaTeX
and then convert it using one of the converters mentioned on these WWW Pages.

http://www.kfa-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/textopc.html

or to go the other way:-

http://www.kfa-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/pctotex.html

Sincerely etc.,

--
NAME  Christopher Sawtell
SNAIL 215 Ollivier's Road, Linwood, Christchurch, 8001. N.Z.