Mikko Harjula wrote:

> I need to put some lyx documents under version control and would like
> to generate printed versions with a makefile.  So I would need some
> way to process lyx source from the command line option.  According to
> man page there are none.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> The same problem with xfig, need to make .eps files from .fig!!??
>
> --

Hi
I do this with the help of a small Perl script.
First you have to start Lyx like "Lyx myfile.lyx" and wait until this
process is completed.
O of course you have to enable the Lyx -server in lyxrc. Then you can
write any buffer command in the inpipe e.g. "LXCMD:user:buffer-export
latex" to get a nice Latex file. So and last but no least you have to
kill Lyx (don't shut your screen :)  ).
This works for me to produce Latex files from Lyx files. If you have more
then one file you just have to repeat this process.

Soeren