Hello,

I'd like to start latex with Lyx-1.0 but my system is hp-unix 10.2 and I could not
compile it. The error messages I am getting when I try to configure the
compilation (./configure) are as follow:

**** The following problems have been detected by configure.
**** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
**** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)

** Can't find libXpm. Please check that the Xpm library
   is correctly installed on your system.

** Can't find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms library
   is correctly installed on your system.

** Can't find forms.h. Please check that the forms library
   is correctly installed on your system.

It looks to me that some libraries are missing  or that the PATH is wrong !!?

Anyhow, I looked also for a binary version that I could use immediatly to try
out Lyx and I found out that there was one for hp-unix-9.something only. This
version is not running under hp-unix-10.2.

Computer experts are telling me here that it is probably lots of work to make an
upgrade. I'd like to have your advice about it and if possible, if any of you
had a binary version running under hp unix 10.2, I could at least show to the
computer experts how it looks like and convice them to do the job.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Francois--
--

  Francois Figarol

  METEO FRANCE CNRM/GMGEC/ERAM
  42 Avenue Coriolis            Tel.  : (33) 05 61 07 93 73
  31057 Toulouse Cedex          Fax   : (33) 05 61 07 96 10
  FRANCE                        Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]