Andreas> Hi, I've to include some figures with quite long captions. Is
Andreas> there a method to use shorter descriptions in the list of
Andreas> figures. I think there is a possibility with latex -
Andreas> something like

Andreas> \figure[caption for l.o.f.]{Long caption, blah, blah,.....}

Andreas> I could certainly include pure LaTeX, but I would really
Andreas> prefer to stick with the nice LyX-Floats...

Unfortunately, you have to resort to pure latex to do this now... Note
that you can put only \caption and the brackets in pure latex and type
the rest with LyX formatting.

JMarc