Stefano> yes, I understand. The only problem here is that I couldn't
Stefano> tell that the \ was in noun mode. But the minibuffer showed
Stefano> indeed the correct information, so it was stupid on my side
Stefano> not to realise what was going on.

You are right: LyX should not allow font changes inside of LaTeX mode,
since they do not make sense.

JMarc