>>From: Emanuele Gissi & Alessia Franceschi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Niklas Hulden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Lista LyX
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: RE: RE: Importing EPS images in Lyx
>>Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:00:36 +0100
>>

>>> I tried your example file ASIS and transformed with ps2epsi (which is much
>>> nicer at it really uses only the small space of your picture and not the
>>> much larger space of the saved image) and had NO problem at all to view
>>> the document in gv (View Postscript), both images rendered perfectly.
>>
>>Well, after using ps2epsi the resulting eps worked.
>>I think that my problem was due to the bounding box that was very big.
>>(as big as an A4 page :-)
>>
>>Thank you very much, my problem is now solved.
>>
>>What do you think of a little appendix to the user manual to explain what are
>>EPS and PS files, solving problems with bounding boxes? And a little list of
>>useful graphical programs to transform a graphic format in another and how to
>>do it (tips and tricks, perhaps)?

Your answer confirms that the procedure works OK for jpegs, but
as I pointed out before the real problem is with gifs or pngs
of figure containing drawings.

I built a small example where an original vector-like figure
exported from xfig to eps works fine, but where
the same figure exported to gif or png and re-converted to eps
with ImageMagick is not good.

Is my implementation of ImageMagick buggy or what ?
I thought that ImageMagick delegated the ps stuff to ghostscript (here 5.50)
but obviously not because
convert figtest.eps figtest.ps
gives a bitmapped figure.

Does the change in size while exporting to gif and png fron xfig explain
a part of the problem ?
Do I miss an option in convert ?
Is it better with gimp ?

Any info welcome.