>>Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:07:14 +0200
>>From: Isaac Barona Martínez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Lyx to RTF
>>

>>Hi all!!
>>
>>I have just finished my thesis using lyx. It's about 250 pages with lots
>>of pictures and tables and I haven't had any problem.
>>
>>The problem is that I have to present it for a contest and the
>>organization only accepts formats that can be read with MS Word :-((
>>Is there any way to convert my document to RTF (or other format that can
>>be read by Word)???
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Best regards from Spain,
>>            Isaac.

They don't even accept PS or PDF ? What happen when they want to print ?
Well it can't be helped, I suppose, and everybody has to cope with
it one day or another.

Going through RTF is no good IMHO, I use latex2HTML in the following way:
  - convert with increased resolution for images (display formulas are better
   when printed)
  - postfilter the produced HTML for typical M$ codes (ligatures, guillemets,..)
  and justification (replace <P> by <P ALIGN="JUSTIFY">)
  - copy the produced files in Windows
  - open M$ Word
  - open file
  - save as .doc
  - VERY IMPORTANT !!! : in Edit, remove links on all images, otherwise the .doc
  cannot be moved (the links are absolute ones, I suspect).

 One (big) drawback: the inline equations (which are all right
 in HTML) are 0.5mm over the baselines in .doc. This comes from the fact
 that there is no option to deal separately with inline and display
 equations, it would be much better to translate inline equation in MATHML
 or SYMBOL like tth.

 Using tth works also, but it looses the very good typography
 of display equations.

 I'm currently looking forward hacking the code of latex2html to force
 the translation inside it, but I've no result yet.

Perhaps somebody else has a better technique, as Perl motto says:
"There's more than one way to do it."

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre