On 27 Aug 00, at 17:55, German Poo Caaman~o wrote:

> thomas schönhoff wrote:
> > I desperately trying to insert endnotes in my
> > document, doing it like this:

Just a question (not only to you, but rather to more general public
on the list :-):

What are the endnotes for in the first place? I am certain that there
must be a reason for them, but it is very unclear to me -- I always
hate when I have to browse repeatedly through a book just to read
what could be easily placed (in the time of DTP or even LaTeX) in
the bottom of the page, where it could be read instantly without any
fuss.

I am certain, that I must be wrong in my hate of endnotes
(especially, the ones in the end of chapter -- these are the worst)
when all those page-designers knowing much better than myself
their job (I have just downloaded package kluwer from Kluwer
Academic Publishers, which expressly forbids using footnotes at all --
 everything should into endnotes), but I am totally confused,
because I cannot see any clever reason for such policy.

Any thoughts?

                                        Matej