Aleksandr Konstantinov wrote:
>  I want to write following in LyX (using lix1.1.4):
>
>  1. Enumerated string 1
>       * Itemized string 1
>       * Itemized string 2
>     Continuation of enumerated string 1
>  2. Enumerated string 2

Select lines 2-4 and change their environment depth (the button just to the
left of the Tex button);
Select lines 2&3, and change their environment from enumerate to itemize;
Select line 4 and change its environment to standard.

This may not be the most correct way, but it works well enough.

Hope this helps,
Adrian.

ps There's loads of info on this sort of thing in the User's guide under
"nested environments".

--
   Adrian Ball - Technical Consultant      ||          Barron McCann Ltd
         Major Data Services Ltd           || Business Recovery Services