Hi,

just a thought -- would it be possible to add to the status line
of LyX after succesfull processing of document via
LaTeX instead mere "Done." aslo an information about the biggest
overfull \hbox? So, that user can just check, whether something
serious happened or there are only some microscopic things.

I would hope, that such change would require only some simple
parsing of .log file, so it should not be too difficult to be
accomplished. And later someone may extended to the equivalent
of TeX-debug-bad-boxes in AUCTeX :-)

I certainly do not want to establish "A committee on
advising somebody other how to code" (or how it was called
by Alan Cox) -- just a thought to wish-list. And no, I am a
lawyer, so I will not code it myself.

                Have a nice day

                        Matej