Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am new to this list and have already scanned throug the archives, but have
> not found a satisfactory answer yet.
> My Problem: I have managed to setup LyX, so that it produces nice clear PDF
> output via PDFLaTeX.
> The only left Problem is, that I cannot find a possibility to view the
> result directly.
> The PDF File resides in a /tmp/lyx_tmp... directory still.
> The Menu command View DVI still assumes a file with a DVI ending (I can
> change the viewer to a PDF one, though)
> Is there some command in LyX, which I can assign a button to, that shows me
> my file?
>
> Any ideas?

Yes! Finally! I had asked a very similar question one or two days
ago. Solution: /etc/lyxrc or ~/.lyx/lyxrc must contain:

\view_dvi_command "gnome-gv $( basename $$FName .dvi ).pdf"
\pdf_mode true

or use 'gv', 'acroread' or 'xpdf' instead of 'gnome-gv'. None of them
is ideal. The gv's can watch the file so that you can use LyX's
"update dvi", but don't have continous scrolling. The pdf's can scroll
documents continously, but they can't watch a pdf file. If you know
better, please tell me so!

Enjoy, and Gruesse von Bonn nach Bonn,

--
Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> from Bonn, Germany