Matej Cepl wrote Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:47:28 -0800

>some questions about thin space (created by \, in ERT).
>
>First of all -- is there any hotkey combination (like Ctrl-space
>for hard space ~)?

Not to my knowledge, but you can easily define one in the .lyxrc (or
.lyx/lyxrc) file. (See later)

>Another issue is one wish to TODO: would it be possible to
>create thin spaces in WYSIWYM manner?

It already is possible: >Math>Symbols>[Spaces]>thin Space (I'm not sure
about the english menu names) produces a space that is displayed as the
Ctrl-Space one, only smaller. The function
   symbol-insert ,
does the same, when input in the minibuffer. It works in normal text as well
as in math-mode. Thus, putting a line
   \bind "M-comma"             "symbol-insert ,"
into the lyxrc will give the desired hotkey (of course you can choose any
free keybinding you like).

>I mean, that thin space
>would be put in between two numbers (like in 100\,000) and
>between number and percent sign (like 100\,%), where, I hope,
>are thin spaces appropriate?
I'm not sure about the %, but german z.\,B. (i.e. e.g.) is another example.

sincerely

guenter
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]