Luis Alberto Garcia Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does anybody know how to edit ancient manuscripts in LyX?
> I mean, the top half of the page should contain the main
> text, the other half should contain footnotes.

Minipages? Or, maybe one could find a solution based on the parallel
package.

> Lines in the main text should be numbered every 5th (not all lines,
> the standard edition works in that funny way).

For a start, try

\usepackage[modulo,pagewise]{lineno}\linenumbers

> But footnotes
> should refer the real line number (no marks, not
> autonumbered, the footnote has to refer just the line number
> in the current page)

One would have to define a custom footnote-reference that uses the
current line number as it's argument. But I have no idea in what
variable current line numbers are stored.

> I have no clue how can it be done, and I know lots of phylologists
> looking for the same answer.
> LA Garcia

Your permission granted, I'd like to forward your question to German
Language TeX Users Group Communication List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Andre Berger                                 [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]