Ronald Florence wrote:

> Michael Zapf writes:
>
>   Good news, LyX now compiles and links correctly. Obviously, we had a
>   broken egcs. A newer version of egcs solved the problems.
>
> What compiler did you use to successfully compile lyx-1.1.6 on
> sparc-solaris?  With sparc-solaris-2.6 and gcc-2.95.2 I run into a
> problem with an unresolved symbolic reference in insetinclude.o.
> Permutations of the CFLAGS for compiling the insets library do not

$ gcc --version
egcs-2.91.66

The egcs package version is 1.1.2. I build lyx on Solaris 8.

The previous one (egcs-2.91.57, package 1.1a) had the linking problems I
mentioned.

Michael
--
* Michael Zapf  -----------  http://www.vsb.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~zapf/
* Institut fuer Informatik, FB Biologie und Informatik