> The address that J.M. gave me mention a file .Xdefaults in which
> we must add Netscape*documentFonts.chareset*adobe-fontspecific:iso-8859-1
> but I don't have a file named .Xdefaults.
> Perhaps my version of netscape is too old.

The .Xdefaults file is not specific for Netscape, but the X11 server reads
it automatically. If the file doesn't exist, you may create it in your
home directory. The file should be documented in X manpage (man X).

(I wonder if it matters if you're using graphical login, Xdm. I don't
use Xdm and Xdefaults works for me, but maybe it works also with Xdm)