On Mar 16, 2015, at 5:40 AM, Graham Smith <myotis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just upgraded to Lyx 2.1.3 on Mac (Mavericks) and I am now getting an
> error about PDFs
>
> "Error converting to loadable  format"  and the file won't compile which may
> or may not be associated with this issue, as I am getting dozens of errors,
> which I am slowly working through.
>
> Regardless it would be nice to get some help with this as I routinely have my
> graphics as pdfs.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham

Graham, I don't know if this will solve your problem but you should know about
it. It's the wiki for LyX on OS X.

http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac

Specifically, refer to the section "On screen quality of included PDF files".

As far as I'm concerned, this should be made the default for OS X; the current
default renders crappy PNGs that don't look good on screen and don't scale well.

Jerry