Ah, thanks Andrew I would have missed that.  I may have made notes on how I
did this before but it was too long ago to remember where the notes might
be let alone what I did.

BTW your (?) link for the short-inset-names.module in the LyX wiki is
returning an error.

I finally copied it from my Ubuntu installation.
It is an essential module.

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada