On Fri, 3 Jul 2015, Liviu Andronic wrote:

If you have the results already ready, then what you generally want to do
is: load(".RData")

Liviu,

  For some reason this does not allow a function (saved in the current
workspace) to be found and run in a knitr chunk in the lyx document. It does
run in a R session in emacs (with ess running). I'll look into why in a bit.

  I decided that this document will be much more effective if it includes
the R code for the analyses in addition to the results. This transparency
makes it more technically sound and legally defensible and, should it become
necessary, supports admissability as expert testimony in a trial.

Thanks for all your help,

Rich