the spellchecker for my kubuntu 14.04 can not be selected.
Under Preferences>Language settings>Spellchecker
the Spellchecker engine box v  can not be klicked (grayed out)
same with the other menu items on the right side of
Preferences>Language settings>Spellchecker

I seem to remember that one has to install lyx anew in this case. Is this correct?
What exactly should I have installed for a working spellchecker? And where?
Under Preferences>Paths
Hunspell dictionaries browse-box is grayed out and thus not clickable

hunspell packages are in various places such as usr/share usr/lib

Wolfgang