Le 13/10/2015 18:47, Steve Litt a écrit :
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:02:17 +0200 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:

Le 12/10/15 18:19, Steve Litt a écrit :
What's so special about void linux?

Minimal, solid, modular, adaptable, DIY friendly. Matter of fact,
the only software that didn't run on it was LyX.

A bit too minimal, then. Complain to them :)

JMarc

Thanks JMarc,

I'm not going to complain to Void. LyX is the only piece of software
 didn't work on Void, but Void is not the only environment I've had
trouble with LyX. I've had trouble compiling LyX on most of my
upgrades. Ever since the end of xforms, you've needed just the right
 Qt4 version combination. I'm not going to complain to them over one
 single app, when they give me a clean, fast, simple, always-works
distro.

It is unclear to me whether you came here to seek help or complain,
given that you do not give any information that would allow people on
this list to help you. Not many people here knows “Void” or what is a
“Docker container”. You don't even describe the issue that “Void” has
with LyX.

For now, I'm running LyX in a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Qemu VM. Soon it will
be a Docker container.

This is great if you can contribute with a “Docker container”. For real
technical discussions if you seek help I would direct you towards the
lyx-devel list.

In the long run, I'll need to finish the Stylz project I started,
which will replace both LyX and Sigil and provide write once,
publish everywhere.

I wish you the best of luck, a document processor better than LyX
promises to be awesome.

By the way, if LyX native format ever becomes a true, valid and
well-formed XML,

I do not understand your point with XML.

then all LaTeX dependency can be moved to a separate executable,

LyX already does not depend on a LaTeX distribution for non-LaTeX
output, and I don't see the link with what comes before.

valid, non-kludge eBook conversion becomes possible,

Feel free to help! And I still do not see the link with LyX's file format.

LyX will be write-once;deploy-everywhere,

I do not understand what you mean with that.

and LyX will be relevant well into the future.

I find your list rather short for the task that you describe.

Guillaume