Hi Tyler
As Jacob also mentioned we really need to see an actual example of what you
are trying to do.  Here is a discussion on how to approach the task :
http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/MinimalExample

On the other hand, given all the coding you already have done, I'd suggest
doing the whole thing in LaTeX, that is, just stay in the ERT environment.

I have never found LyX tables that easy to fill in---nice to work with
otherwise but in terms of data entry, meh, not a lot easier than raw LaTeX.

See a example I stole from somewhere on the web and slightly adapted a
while ago.  It is attached below.

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada